Are you craving a mouthwatering sweet and sour snack? Before we carry on ask your self are salty plums good for you.
Saltyplums vary so much you should check out our Salty Plum Shop. We have the world’s largest range of the yummiest salty plums.
The Basics of a salty plum is a Prune (dried plum)
Health Benefits of Salt plus plums boost your nutrition profile. They contain potassium, manganese, and fibre. They are low in calories as well. Along with these nutritious benefits, this savoury fruit provides advantages to your health as well.
Are salty plums good for you and what do they do.
These statements generally relate to plums, the fruit saltyplums are a tasty version of a plum.
Remember to take this with a bar of soap because saltyplums have salt sugar and other additives.
- Protects your liver The liver is a vital organ in our bodies. It helps in detoxification, fat metabolism, etc. It is critical to keep your liver working efficiently. That’s why you should eat salty plums as their properties protect the liver.
- Promotes gastrointestinal healthy high-fibre food support and regulate digestion. That’s exactly what saltyplums do as well. They have a natural laxative effect.
- Acts as an antioxidant Smoking and pollution can cause a build-up of free radicals in your body. These molecules can contribute to the development of chronic diseases by creating oxidative damage. Antioxidants neutralise free substances and prevent damage to cells. This results in a reduced risk of heart problems.
- Helps block cancer growth you know that the powerful compounds present in saltyplums can aid in preventing and treating cancer? Yes, that’s right. The extract of salty plums can stop the growth of cancer cells.
- Strengths bones The polyphenols found in salty plums strengthen bones and improve bone health in general. Consumption of this tasty dried fruit increases the production of collagen. Collagen is a protein in the bone structure.
- Prevents cavities anti-bacterial properties in saltyplums allow them to hinder and stop the growth of harmful bacteria. Hence, your oral health can be enhanced, and holes can be prevented.
- Stabilises blood sugar Saltyplums are said to effects the receptor that increases the uptake of glucose in the body. When glucose consumption is regulated, blood sugar levels can be normalised.
Culinary Benefits of Salty Plums
Saltyplums are not only tasty but very versatile in use. Do you like the sour taste? If yes, you can eat salty plums as a fruit.
If you suck the hard pit, it will help your stomach. Saltyplums can also be eaten with a plate of plain white rice. If not so, you can use it as a seasoning on dishes. Oh, and there is a paste of salty plums as well, and it is SO good. You have to try it. After making a paste, the liquid of the salty plums isn’t wasted.
The vinegar of this fruit is widely sold nowadays.
That’s about it. I am positive that the salty plum lover in you is awake after reading this post. Make sure to check out the variety of salty plums that we, at The Salty Plum Shop, offer. We deal with retail, wholesale, and distribution Australia wide. Contact us for more information.